Summer is almost here and it’s time to bring out your short dresses and swim-wear and hit the beach or the pool, but what about your skin? The harsh UV rays of the sun and the scorching heat takes a heavy toll on skin and therefore, it is essential to take special care of it, particularly during summer season. And by skin care I don’t mean just slathering on sunscreen just before you go out in the sun, your skin needs proper hydration and essential nutrients and the occasional pampering touch of soothing face packs and masks. In this article we are going to discuss about complete skin care in summer for all skin types – oily, dry, combination and sensitive. Choose and select the skin care tips and face packs as per your skin type and say hello to glowing and youthful skin during summer.
Summer Skin Care Face Packs for Oily Skin
Those with oily skin suffer the most during the summer season. Oily skin possesses overactive sebaceous glands that produce more oil than required. A constant layer of oil on the skin combined with the scorching summer heat leads to a number of skin problems in summer, ranging from rashes and prickly heat to itching and redness of skin. Oily skin is caused by hereditary factors, hormone levels, diet, pregnancy, stress and improper use of cosmetics and it can lead to acne, pimples and enlarged pores. Let us take a look at some of the soothing tips for oily skin care in summer.
Cucumber and Lemon Juice Face Pack
The hydrating and cooling properties of cucumber needs no new emphasis. Both cucumber and lemon juice work as a natural fairness agents and helps in lightening sun tan and dark patches causes by excessive sun exposure.
- Fresh cucumber juice – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
Mix both the ingredients in a small glass bowl and apply it all over your face and neck, leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off with cold water. Don’t go into direct sunlight after using this pack.
Neem, Tulsi and Yogurt Face Pack
Tulsi is well-known for is astringent properties and it helps to soothe skin rashes, pimples and inflammation caused by summer heat. Neem on the other hand fights the pimple causing bacteria and keeps the skin free of acne and pimples. Lactic acid in yogut helps to cleanse the skin and remove the layer of sebum, dirt and dead skin cells from the skin surface.
Crush the neem and tulsi leaves in a mortar and pestle and add some water to it to make a smooth paste. Now, add a teaspoon of sour yogurt to it, mix well and apply on clean face, wait for 15 minutes and rinse off with water.
Potato and Honey Face Pack
When it comes to soothing and hydrating the skin and healing inflammation nothing works better than raw potato or potato juice. It helps to cool down inflammation, lighten skin tone and get rid of the ugly marks left by acne and pimples. The antibacterial properties of honey help to cure acne and pimples and prevent further breakouts.
Peel and grate the potato and extract the juice from the pulp. Add 1/2 teaspoon of honey to it, mix well and apply it evenly on the face and neck, wait for 20 minutes and wash off with water.
Cinnamon and Honey Face Pack
One of the biggest problems for oily skin during summer is the increased appearance of blackheads and whiteheads. Cinnamon and honey works together to open the clogged pores thereby minimizing the chances of blackheads and whiteheads on nose and cheeks.
Mix both the ingredients in a bowl and apply it all over the face. Massage the areas around the nose and cheeks for 2 to 3 minutes and rinse off with water after 20 minutes.
Summer Skin Care Tips for Oily Skin
Now, let us look at some basic tips for skin care in summer that people with oily skin need to follow.
- Choose the Right Face wash – Those with oily skin should switch to a acne and pimple fighting face wash during summer. You can opt for a cleanser that contains 2% salicylic acid which is effective in breaking down oil in the skin while preventing it from over drying.
- Use Sunscreen Generously – A healthy portion of sunblock helps to control oil and shine. If you feel that the morning moisturizer and sunblock is too much for your skin the skip the moisturizer and slather on a mineral-based sunscreen lotion instead.
- Tone Down the Makeup – One of the most important summer makeup tips is to go low on the makeup. The hot weather makes the makeup to melt into the pores and clog them. Use a tinted moisturizer instead and brush on some light mineral powder foundation.
- Do simple Home Facials – Become a facialist yourself and pamper your skin by exfoliating it once a week followed by a cooling mask.
Summer Skin Care Face Packs for Dry Skin
This is another common skin type which is marked by low levels of sebum production; as a result it cannot maintain oil easily. Dry skin often feels tight and can appear flaky. It is tricky to maintain dry skin during summer this skin type is more prone to tanning. Here is a list of some hydrating summer face packs specially designed for the dry skin.
Papaya and Honey Face Pack
Face packs made with fruits are loaded with minerals, vitamins and water, all of which are beneficial for dry skin during summer. Papaya being a natural exfoliator helps to remove dead skin cells, dirt and sweat from the skin. The natural humectant properties of honey help to hydrate the skin and retain the moisture inside the skin cells.
- Ripe papaya – A few pieces
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
Mash the papaya pieces to from a smooth paste and add the honey to it. Mix thoroughly and apply it all over your face with a cotton ball. Rinse off with water after 15 minutes.
Yogurt and honey Face Pack
Dry skin can become dull and lifeless during summer. Yogurt is a natural bleaching agent that helps to remove the tan and dullness and adds a natural glow to skin. Honey helps to moisturize and soften the skin and prevent it from flacking.
- Unflavoured sour yogurt – 1 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
Mix both the ingredients in a bowl and apply evenly on clean face and neck, wait till it dries completely and then wash off with cold water.
Almonds and Olive Oil Pack
This is a royal pack for those with excessive dry skin. Massaging the face with a mixture of almonds and olive oil helps to remove tan, flakiness and dullness of skin and also replenishes the oils in the skin. It also helps to even out the skin tone and protect the skin from sun damage.
- Almonds – 6 to 8
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
Soak the almonds in water overnight and crush them to form a smooth paste, add the olive oil to it, mix well and apply the mixture all over your face. Massage your face with your fingers using gentle circular motions for 3 to 4 minutes and wash off with water after 15 minutes.
Avocado Face Pack
The natural oils and healthy fats found in avocado helps to replenish the natural oils of the skin and it also supplies the necessary proteins and vitamins to the skin thereby, reducing dullness and making it healthy and glowing. Avocado is an amazing remedy for chronic dry skin condition.
- Avocado – 1/2
- Water – 1 tablespoon
Take 1 half of a ripe avocado and scoop out the flesh. Mash it with some water to form a smooth paste. Apply it all over your face and let it stay for 30 minutes before washing off with water.
Summer Skin Care Tips for Dry Skin
Dry skin is not as unmanageable as oily skin during summer, but that does not mean you can put off all guards. Here are a few useful tips for glowing skin in summer if you have dry skin.
- Use the Right Soap – Sweat and heat during summer tempts us to take 2 or 3 showers a day. But try to avoid using scented soaps when you take a shower because these soaps strip away the natural oils present in the skin. Use rich foamy and fragrance-free soaps instead.
- Don’t Wipe Too Much – Take it easy on the towel, even the soft and extra absorbent ones. Wiping your face too much with the towel will make it even more dry and flaky.
- Use a Cleansing Oil – Use cleansing oil such as olive oil or coconut oil to remove make up rather than astringents. Alcohol present in astringent dries the skin further.
- Keep your skin Hydrated – Hydration is important for all skin types and especially for dry skin. Use intensive hydrating masks few times a week and slather on some moisturizer after you take a shower.
- Apply and Reapply Sunscreen – It is best to reapply the sunscreen every few hours in order to provide complete protection to your skin throughout the day. You can choose an extra emollient formula that works for dry skin.
Summer Skin Care Face Packs for Combination Skin
In case of combination skin type, oil is produced around the ‘T-Zone’ of the face (nose and forehead) but the cheeks, chin and mouth remains dry. Combination skin is usually caused by hormones or genetics. Skin care for combination skin involves treating each region differently. Here are a few face packs specifically intended for combination skin that can be used during summer.
Oatmeal and Curd Face Pack
Oatmeal and curd is an effective combination for dealing with the issues of oiliness and dryness together at the same time. The moisturizing properties of curd and oatmeal help to hydrate and moisturize the skin without making it too oily. Curd, being natural bleach helps to lighten sun tan, age spots and dark spots effectively.
- Oatmeal – 2 teaspoon
- Sour curd – 1 tablespoon
Mix the oatmeal and the curd in a bowl and apply it on the face and neck evenly. Massage your face with your fingers applying light circular motions. Wait for 20 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Aloe Vera and Rice Flour Pack
The combination of aloe vera and rice flour is effective for reducing oiliness of skin and getting rid of acne, whiteheads and blackheads at the same time. Aloe vera supplies the necessary nutrients to the skin and moisturizes it intensely and rice flour helps to soak up excess sebum, dirt and sweat from the skin surface, leaving it clean and refreshed.
- Aloe vera gel – 2 teaspoon
- Rice flour – 1 teaspoon
Mix both the ingredients in a bowl and apply on your face and neck, massage for 3 to 4 minutes and then let it dry for another 15 minutes before washing off with water.
Besan and Turmeric Pack
This is a wonderful natural face pack for combination skin that must be included in your summer tips for skin care. Besan or gram flour works as a natural skin cleanser and exfoliator that help to remove dullness, sebum and dirt from the skin. The antibacterial poetries of turmeric help to fight pimples, acne, rashes and prickly heat and also lighten sun tan.
- Besan – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
- Rose water
Add a few drops of rose water to the besan to turn it into a thick paste. Now add the turmeric to it and apply on clean face. Wait till it dries completely and then wash off with water.
Banana and Milk Pack
Like I have said earlier, fruits work great for combination skin. A combination of banana and milk helps to hydrate and moisturize the skin and nourish it from within without making it excessively oily. This face pack is extremely cost effective and easy to prepare.
- Ripe banana – 1
- Milk – 1 tablespoon
Mash 1 ripe banana and add 1 tablespoon of milk to it to smoothen the pulp. Apply it evenly on the face and neck. Leave it to dry and then wash off with water.
Summer Skin Care Tips for Combination Skin
Taking care of combination skin can be difficult during summer because you have to deal with two different skin types at a time. Here are a few simple beauty tips for summer that will make things easier for those with combination skin type.
- Use a Gentle Cleanser – Always use a mild water-soluble cleanser to reduce the chances of dryness and irritation. A gel-based or mild foaming cleanser works best for combination skin.
- Avoid Bar Soaps – The ingredients in bar soaps clog the pores and also makes the skin excessively dry.
- Use a Sunscreen – Use a sunscreen all year round and especially during summer to prevent the appearance of wrinkles, dark spots and fine lines. It will also protect the skin against breakouts.
- Spot-Treat Your Face – Apply moisturizing lotion or cream to the dry areas and gel-based moisturizer to the oily areas.
- Use Good Quality Makeup – Using oil-free and non-comedogenic (won’t clog the pores) products is one of the vital summer makeup tips for combination skin.
Summer Skin Care Face Packs for Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin can involve a number of skin conditions such as allergies, eczema or rosacea. It is extremely difficult to take care of sensitive skin during summer because it becomes easily inflamed and irritated. In addition, the ingredients in commercial cleansers and moisturizers can cause adverse reactions. Let us go through some soothing summer face packs suitable for sensitive skin.
Sandalwood and Rosewater Face Pack
The cooling and soothing property of sandalwood helps to relieve skin irritation and inflammation caused due to heat, excess oil and sweat. The antibacterial properties of sandalwood also help to kill the acne and pimple causing bacteria. Rosewater also helps to relax and rejuvenate the skin.
- Red sandalwood powder – 3 teaspoons
- Rosewater – 1 teaspoon
Mix both the ingredients into a fine paste and apply it evenly on your clean face and wait till the pack dries completely. Now, wash off with normal water.
Mango and Sugar Face Pack
Summer season means mango season and what better way to nourish and refresh your skin than with the delicious taste of mangoes? Mango helps to sooth all types of skin irritation and prevents the breakouts of rashes, acne and pimples. Sugar works as a gentle exfoliating scrub that removes dead skin cells, dirt and excess oil from the skin.
- Ripe Mango pulp – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Put both the ingredients in a bowl and mix it. Now, apply the mask all over your face and neck and massage with your fingers for 3 to 4 minutes or till the sugar granules dissolve completely. Wait for another 20 minutes and wash off with water.
Egg and Honey Face Pack
Eggs are one of the best sources of proteins, healthy fats and a number of other nutrients that are necessary for the skin. Eggs helps to tone and tighten the skin and removes excess oil, sweat and dirt from the skin surface, whereas honey helps to retain the natural oils present in the skin, making it an ideal face pack for combination skin.
- Egg – 1
- Hone y- 1 teaspoon
Add both the ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a spoon. Apply the face pack on the face and neck using cotton ball and wait till it dries completely. Wash off with cold water.
Carrot and Honey Face Pack
Carrots are not only good for your eyes, but amazing for your skin as well. Carrots are rich in vitamin A and beta-carotene that helps to treat skin conditions such as eczema and even nonmelanoma skin cancer. Honey is a natural healer that cures skin irritation and allergies.
- Carrot – 1
- Honey – 2 teaspoon
Boil 1 carrot and mash it to from a smooth paste. Add the honey to it and mix thoroughly. Apply this pack evenly on your face and neck and wait for 20 minutes before washing off with water.
Summer Skin Care Tips for Sensitive Skin
The scorching heat and harsh UV rays of the sun takes a heavy toll on the skin and can aggravate skin conditions such as eczema, rashes, allergies and breakouts for those who have sensitive skin. Commercial creams and lotions are no good for sensitive skin either. So, here are a few natural summer skin care tips for sensitive skin.
- Simply Your Skin Care Routine – Use only one or two skin care products – a gentle cleanser and a moisturizer along with sunscreen
- Go Fragrance-free – Use products that are free of any fragrance and artificial colours.
- Be Gentle While Washing Your Face – Be gentle on your skin and don’t scrub too hard, it is only going to make things worse and irritate the skin.
- Drink Water – Drink plenty of water to keep your skin moisturized from the inside.
- Opt for Seasonal Skin Care – Keep changing your skin care routine with the seasons. The skin may be oilier during summer and dry during winter.
So, what are you waiting for? Get outside and make the most out of the summer season with your friends and family by enjoying pool side parties and beach outings. As for your summer skin care, just follow these easy and simple natural skin care tips and pamper it with these refreshing face packs in order to flaunt beautiful and gorgeous skin all through summer.
http://www.blogphunu.vn, http://cdn.vkool.com, http://www.gbtyl.com/, http://cdn.olwomen.com/, http://cdn2.stylecraze.com/, homepage-inlifepharmapvtl.netdna-ssl.com, agein.com, http://www.truggo.com/, http://i0.wp.com/, www.stylepresso.com, http://brooonzyah.net/